Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄

안녕 하세요?

오늘은 뉴질랜드 국립 와이카토 과학기술대학교(윈텍)가 자랑하는 2명의 세프를 소개해 드리고자 합니다. 마스터쉐프 심사위원으로 유명한 Josh Emit과 윈텍이 자랑하는 요리학과 교수이자 Waikato Culinary Fair 심사위원인 Shannon Katipa가 바로 그 주인공입니다.

윈텍은 훌륭한 주방과 훌륭한 교수진, 그리고 멋진 자체 레스토랑을 보유하고 있는 오랜 전통을 가진 요리학과가 있습니다.

뉴질랜드에서 가장 유명한 쉐프인 Josh Emett에 대한 기사와 함께 New Zealand Best Chefs에 대한 프로필을 올립니다.

윈텍의 요리학과의 오랜 전통 만큼 많은 훌륭한 요리사가 배출이 되었지만 그 중에서도 Josh가 가장 인상적인 요리사라고 여겨 집니다. 앞으로 제2, 제3의 Josh가 Shannon과 같은 훌륭한 교수들에 의해 많이 배출되길 기대 해 봅니다.

아래에 Joshdhk Shannon에 대한 기사 스크랩해서 올립니다.

Masterchef’s Josh Emett given Wintec award

New Zealand Masterchef judge Josh Emett returned to where it all began when he was awarded an Honorary Fellowship of Wintec last night at a gala ceremony.

The title is the institution’s highest honour, with Emett joining the likes of Sir Edmund Hillary, Irene van Dyk and Sir William Gallagher.

Josh Emett: Given Wintec's highest honour.Josh Emett: Given Wintec's highest honour. Photo: Mackenzie McCarty

Mr Emett was a culinary student at the institute 20 years ago and yesterday, before the award ceremony, he put on a cooking demonstration for the newest generation of students at the Rotokauri campus.

Later at the city campus he was joined by a well-dressed selection of Hamilton’s most influential figures, including City Council representatives and local politicians.

Mr Emett was thrilled to receive the prestigious award.

“It’s fantastic, and I’m humbled to be recognised alongside some other amazing people.”

Famous for his role as a judge on the New Zealand version of Masterchef, Mr Emett worked with the famously tempestuous chef Gordon Ramsay for over a decade.

“It was 11 great years…but I’m ready to be out there and doing my own thing now.”

Mr Emett describes himself as a “control freak”, which he feels is the key to his success in the restaurant business.

Alongside his role as Masterchef judge, Mr Emett plans to put this attention to fine detail into practice at his new restaurant, Rata, which is due to open next month in Queenstown.

NEW ZEALAND'S BEST CHEFS

We are currently securing a number of fantastic New Zealand chefs to cook up a storm and entertain you in the Heathcote Appliances Cooking Theatre! See below who we have confirmed so far, otherwise you can also check out a few of the chefs that attended in 2016!

2017 CHEF PROFILES

JOSH EMETT

http://greatnzfoodshow.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/bb-plugin/cache/n-194x300-portrait.png

Critically acclaimed chef, Josh Emett, came from humble beginnings growing up on a dairy farm just outside Hamilton. After studying to be a chef at Waikato Institute of Technology(Wintec) he quickly progressed to fine dining restaurants in Auckland and Melbourne and then moved to London and worked for Gordon Ramsay for over 10 years, quickly becoming head chef at the world renowned Savoy Grill (1 michelin star) before opening restaurants for Gordon Ramsay in New York (2 michelin stars), Los Angeles (1 michelin star) and Melbourne.

In 2011 Josh took on the role of judging Masterchef New Zealand making him a household across New Zealand and continued on through 5 seasons of the hit show. In 2012 Josh returned to NZ and set up his first restaurant, Rata in Queenstown, in 2013 he opened Ostro in the Britomart precinct of Auckland's downtown area as food director. In 2014 he opened Madam Woo in Queenstown, a casual Malaysian restaurant to huge success. Seeing how popular this was he has gone on to open three more Madam Woos in Dunedin, Takapuna and just recently in Hamilton with more locations to come.

CHELSEA WINTER

Chelsea_Winter promo image

One of New Zealand’s favourite cooks and best-selling cookbook authors, Chelsea Winter is ensuring New Zealanders make everyday, delicious.  With a philosophy of real, tasty, relaxed and honest food; Chelsea Winter is revisiting the The Great NZ Food Show 2017 to teach you how to become a legend in your own kitchen.

Chelsea’s books, At My TableEveryday DeliciousHomemade Happiness and Scrumptious are all best-sellers and have quickly become institutions in many homes around the country.

Chelsea's easygoing, cheerful, and fresh approach, using everyday ingredients in a balanced manner, has seen people of all ages and experience levels become confident in the kitchen. “It’s about creating wholesome recipes using accessible ingredients with a twist to create some deliciousness”, says Chelsea.

BRETT MCGREGOR

http://greatnzfoodshow.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Brett-Mcgregor-promo-image-200x300.jpg

He juggles bubbling pots and questions from the audience with ease. Former teacher-turned cooking whiz Brett McGregor’s new career is sizzling.

The inaugural Master Chef winner’s life has lately been a whirlwind of TV gigs and live food demonstrations, with the odd stint as off-shore tour guide thrown in for good measure.

When he’s not whipping up culinary delights in the kitchen he’s chilling out with family at the beach, sorting through his 100-strong spice collection, planning the ultimate road trip across America, and counting his secret stash of Pixie Caramel bars.

NEENA & BELINDA

Neena and Belinda promo image

This fabulous cooking duo were the first winners of the New Zealand television series, My Kitchen Rules!

Belinda is a qualified food technology teacher and has been a dedicated foodie all her life.  She is passionate about creating beautiful seasonal medicinal meals which incorporate healing elements that are nourishing for the whole family. Not everyone can afford to buy superfoods from wholefood stores but with this approach of foraging everyone can incorporate healing greens and superfoods into their daily diet for little or no cost at all.

Neena has been through a huge learning curve since the birth of her twin girls. From allergies, to gluten intolerance, behavioural issues to sugar free and everything in between. Neena now knows it’s been the biggest blessing to go on that journey and pop out the other side to where she stands today.  Neena is a qualified nutrition & wellness coach and she studied at the Institute of Integrative Nutrition which focuses on a holistic approach to wellness.

Together Neena and Belinda developed the Green Kitchen, http://www.thegreenkitchen.co.nz, where they like to take a holistic approach to food and fuel. Their philosophy is based on "wellness through awareness" so there is always an element of education and empowerment in everything they teach.

SHANNON KATIPA

101b56dbfba36968a094156f0b6aafee

Current Chef Tutor at Wintec and Chief Judge for the 2015 Waikato Culinary Fare, Shannon is no stranger to the big stage.  2 Time Runner up for New Zealand Chef of the Year, and 3 time Finalist on the Monteiths Wild Food Challenge including the Televised series in which fellow local Industry Superstar Andrew Clarke featured on, Several Beef and Lamb Awards and even former Waikato Chef of the Year in his earlier years.  He credits his success as a Chef to Sacrifice, Commitment, Determination and Dedication which is something he is trying to ingrain into the younger crop of cooks coming through.

The past 19 years of industry has seen him climb the ranks and eventually become both Self Employed as an Executive Chef Consultant in Queensland to running several 4&5 Star Resorts and has also aligned himself with quality establishments throughout NZ and Australia.  “I think looking back, I have been blessed to have landed some very big roles so now I feel it’s the right time I give back to my industry and train the next generation”.

Last year saw Shannon train 8 top Wintec students to compete at the New Zealand Culinary Fare and all 8 came back with medals and massive smiles on their faces.  We even snatched Gold in one event which was a massive achievement for the student and also Wintec as a training provider.

My food philosophy… “simply, love what you do and treat the humble ingredients with the respect they deserve” and have fun!

MAT MCLEAN

Mat McLean Palate Restaurant_small

TBC

VICKI RAVLICH-HORAN

2680f566fe441226168a95a67a4a313c

Vicki works for Nourish Magazine and is a part of the Waikato Food Inc. As a self confessed foodie, Nourish allows me to combine my obsession with all things culinary along with the skills and knowledge I have gathered from the last 20 years in the hospitality industry. Born and bred in the Waikato, after several years away, I love being back.  Nourish allows me to highlight the depth and breadth of treasures we have in our own backyard.  Often to the surprise and delight of our readers who now no longer need to look to other regions when discussing great food.

My role at Nourish is varied, from recipe development and photography to writing and researching stories, getting to know and understand our clients and readers alike, as well as discovering great new talent and building a dynamic team to enable Nourish to continue to grow.

2016 CHEF PROFILES

CHELSEA WINTER

dc69c3f0cbe3a7392b2815aa2d71e8db

One of New Zealand’s favourite cooks and best-selling cookbook authors, Chelsea Winter is ensuring New Zealanders make everyday, delicious.  With a philosophy of real, tasty, relaxed and honest food.

Books, At My Table, Everyday Delicious and Homemade Happiness are all best-sellers and have quickly become institutions in many homes around the country.

Chelsea's warm, fun, and fresh approach coupled with delicious recipes using everyday ingredients has seen her inspire people of all ages and experience levels. “It’s all about creating recipes using accessible ingredients with a twist to create some deliciousness”, says Chelsea.

RAY MCVINNIE

919bb73637b621b94a70f9a8e3130128

Ray McVinnie  M.A.(Hons), C&G Dip CA  has been a foodwriter and advisor at Cuisine magazine since 1992.

A professional chef for many years at some of Auckland’s best restaurants, he was Executive Chef at Auckland’s Metropole Restaurant for 6 years.

He is an experienced food judge, judging the Corbans Food and Wine Challenge, the New Zealand Cheese Awards and the Cuisine Restaurant of the Year for many years.

He was on the International Jury for the Italy-based Slowfood Awards, and has also twice been on the panel of judges for the World Food Media Awards.

Ray is also an award winning food and travel writer and was winner of the Air New Zealand Food and Travel Award in 1992, the Buttermark Best Writing Award in 1994 and 1997, the New Zealand Guild of Food Writers Visuals Award in 2001. In 2005, he won 3 awards, the New Zealand Guild of Foodwriters Gastronomy Award, the Recipe Award and the Foodstyling Award. In 2009 he again won the best recipe feature award. He won the 2005 20th Singapore Tourism Awards Best Singapore Travel Story and in 2006 won the New Zealand Magazine Publishers Association award for Journalist of the Year. In 2009 he again won the New Zealand Guild of Foodwriters, TuiFlower Recipe Award

He has had five cookery books published The New Zealand Fish Cookery  Book 1986 (revised and published as "Cooking the Catch" 1997), “The Chicken Cookbook for New Zealanders” (1994), "The Modern Cook" (New Holland 2001), and “Eat” ( New Holland 2003) “Everyday Sunday”(3 Times aDay Publishers 2010)

Ray was also one of the judges in the successful first 5 series of Masterchef New Zealand screened on TVNZ.

BRETT MCGREGOR

f5115a3adabd8df330d7174b1f3b9268

He juggles bubbling pots and questions from the audience with ease. Former teacher-turned cooking whiz Brett McGregor’s new career is sizzling. The inaugural Master Chef winner’s life has lately been a whirlwind of TV gigs and live food demonstrations, with the odd stint as off-shore tour guide thrown in for good measure.

When he’s not whipping up culinary delights in the kitchen he’s chilling out with family at the beach, sorting through his 100-strong spice collection, planning the ultimate road trip across America, and counting his secret stash of Pixie Caramel bars.

ANDREW CLARKE

3b21541fe2ab531dc4cc709f1f40f822

Andrew Clarke is a renowned chef in the Waikato and has made his name in some of the city’s most prominent restaurants such as Gails of Tamahere and Tables on the River. To broaden his abilities, Andrew spent a number of years in Melbourne working under celebrity British chef Justin Derrick in the Marque Hotel and as Chef de Partie in Treasury Restaurant at the Sebel. Andrew returned to Hamilton to a position at Balcony Restaurant where he took on his first Head Chef role. In 2007 Andrew went out on his own, opening OneZB restaurant and during the following three years was awarded the 2008 regional title in the Monteith’s Wild Food Challenge and national runner up in the Corban’s Perfect Wine and Food Match.

Career Highlights
- Monteith’s Wild Food Challenge Finalist, five times / 2014 Winner
- Supreme Winner of the Matariki Dish Challenge
- Being on the televised Monteith’s Wild Food Challenge
- Receiving 1 Hat in the Cuisine Good Food Guide at Victoria St Bistro
- Being named Best regional restaurant in the Cuisine Good Food guide at Victoria St Bistro
- Beef and Lamb Ambassador Chef in 2016

JIMMY BOSWELL

70b378546441ed7b3d95de4f89b7f29f

Te Waihou Bistro head Chef Jimmy Boswell is a cookbook author, TV Presenter, food writer and is well known around the world as a “Real Food” chef and the Gluten Free Chef. His first cookbook was released by Penguin NZ in July 2012 titled ‘The New Zealand Gluten-Free Cookbook’.

Jimmy is head chef at the Te Waihou Bistro located in the Putaruru Hotel, Putaruru. Jimmy has lived and worked in many countries all over the world learning from local cooks and chefs about how they do things in their part of the world. He brings this real life experience as fusions within many of his dishes. He has also worked as a personal chef in New Zealand and overseas.

Jimmy’s real food approach to cooking is all about getting back to the basics with how to do’s packed full of tips and tricks on bringing wonderful food to your table with little fuss that is packed full of flavour. www.tasteofhome.co.nz

SHANNON KATIPA

101b56dbfba36968a094156f0b6aafee

Current Chef Tutor at Wintec and Chief Judge for the 2015 Waikato Culinary Fare, Shannon is no stranger to the big stage.  2 Time Runner up for New Zealand Chef of the Year, and 3 time Finalist on the Monteiths Wild Food Challenge including the Televised series in which fellow local Industry Superstar Andrew Clarke featured on, Several Beef and Lamb Awards and even former Waikato Chef of the Year in his earlier years.  He credits his success as a Chef to Sacrifice, Commitment, Determination and Dedication which is something he is trying to ingrain into the younger crop of cooks coming through.

The past 19 years of industry has seen him climb the ranks and eventually become both Self Employed as an Executive Chef Consultant in Queensland to running several 4&5 Star Resorts and has also aligned himself with quality establishments throughout NZ and Australia.  “I think looking back, I have been blessed to have landed some very big roles so now I feel it’s the right time I give back to my industry and train the next generation”.

Last year saw Shannon train 8 top Wintec students to compete at the New Zealand Culinary Fare and all 8 came back with medals and massive smiles on their faces.  We even snatched Gold in one event which was a massive achievement for the student and also Wintec as a training provider.

My food philosophy… “simply, love what you do and treat the humble ingredients with the respect they deserve” and have fun!

NEENA & BELINDA

96216af549e018237ad69f49d6a93d02

Belinda is a qualified food technology teacher and has been a dedicated foodie all her life.  She is passionate about creating beautiful medicinal meals which incorporate healing elements that are seasonal and nourishing for the whole family.  It was her love for foraging that opened Neena’s eyes to a world of edible goodness right on our doorsteps. Not everyone can afford to buy superfoods from wholefood stores but with this approach of foraging everyone can incorporate healing greens and superfoods into their daily diet for little or no cost at all.

Neena has been through a huge learning curve since the birth of her twin girls. From allergies, to gluten intolerance, behavioural issues to sugar free and everything in between. Neena now knows it’s been the biggest blessing to go on that journey and pop out the other side to where she stands today. Neena is a qualified nutrition & wellness coach and studied at the Institute of Integrative Nutrition which focuses on a holistic approach to wellness.

Here at The Green Kitchen “wellness through awareness” is what we are all about. It is our desire to educate and encourage people of this day and age to take a moment to reflect and look back over the centuries before us in regard to what we eat.  We cannot stress enough the importance of bridging the ancestral gap between the whole foods of yesteryear and the packaged society we live in today. As Parents we are at the centre of our families’ wellness, and it is up to us to teach our children the importance of living a more conscious sustainable lifestyle.  Our passion is to encourage and educate about healthy nourishing food and practices which are deeply wholesome, simple to prepare, seasonal and delicious!

JEFF DUNSTUN

ribuxvkqpzrih78jdxzd-1

Jeff Dunstan has always had a passion for food, passed down from his parents having stints in clubs and pubs both here and in Australia. His experience in the industry started when he was 17 years old washing dishes at the Hungry Horse in Hamilton. From there he made the move to Auckland were he started his trade. After spending many years in the big smoke perfecting his culinary skills the opportunity arose to work as executive chef at 2 luxurious resorts in Vanuatu where he worked closely with the fresh local produce.

After 2 years he came back to NZ and worked in Wellington for the same successful group, helping to set up a new hotel venture. After 6 months he made the call to come home to Hamilton and to pursue the drive to one day open his own restaurant. Hamilton has always been home, it has everything going for it, and with friends family and great locals he feels there is nowhere better to be. The phoenix group stood out as the place to hone in on systems and procedures, after seeing the great success of their bars and restaurants. After spending 6 years with the group, the time came to take the leap on his own and what better place than the award winning Domaine Eatery, where he has stamped his footprint on the great hospitality scene of the Waikato.

Jeff also runs Domaine at St Andrews Golf Course and more recently Pie Punk - Pie Punk has grown from passion and a love of food. Pie’s oh pie’s – kiwis love pies! From a young age we grew up on them. As a young chef it was a staple diet of Jeff's and many other chefs.

I wanted to create nz comfort food to the highest standard using local top quality produce. They are hand crafted pies made by chefs with passion and flair!

TERESA VALENTINE

64f33b94d4ac691c98928bb2764a4fc5

I started Desserts by Teresa Valentine just over 4 years ago when I decided hiring a kitchen to make cookies in was no longer working and I needed my own commercial kitchen. Upon building my kitchen it was obvious I could no longer simply make cookies to sell at local markets so I expanded my business to include a whole range of American style desserts and started to travel to food shows throughout the area and began appearing at the Gourmet Night Markets in Tauranga.

Today I supply my desserts to Straight Up Espresso and Julians Berry Farm and have exhibited at The Seriously Good Food Show, Auckland Food Show, Great New Zealand Food Show, and Taste of Auckland to name a few. I am primarily self taught in my work with truffles and chocolate although my love for making desserts in general and baking in particular come from growing up in the kitchen helping my mom.

THANYA CRAWFORD

2972be1af43266908ab648d27276059a

"Sawadee Ka" Hello

Do you love Thai food, but don’t know how to cook it or can’t get the authentic Thai flavour?
Want to impress a friend or two with your new recipes and skills?

Thanya Crawford’s extensive knowledge of Thai ingredients and Thai cooking methods will demonstrate how to  cook the dishes and welcome any questions you may have along the way.  Learn the proper way of cooking Thai Food with fun, learning and eating afterwards!  Enjoy Thai Cuisine the how it should be!

Thanya's Thai Cooking Parties will come to your home and teach you and your guests the proper way of cooking Thai food, there is no  pressure to cook and Thanya is happy to prepare the meals while you sip on a wine and enjoy the evening with Thai dishes made at your venue with good company of family or friends.

Contact Thanya at www.thaicookingparty.co.nz

VICKI RAVLICH-HORAN

2680f566fe441226168a95a67a4a313c

Vicki works for Nourish Magazine and is a part of the Waikato Food Inc. As a self confessed foodie, Nourish allows me to combine my obsession with all things culinary along with the skills and knowledge I have gathered from the last 20 years in the hospitality industry. Born and bred in the Waikato, after several years away, I love being back.  Nourish allows me to highlight the depth and breadth of treasures we have in our own backyard.  Often to the surprise and delight of our readers who now no longer need to look to other regions when discussing great food.

My role at Nourish is varied, from recipe development and photography to writing and researching stories, getting to know and understand our clients and readers alike, as well as discovering great new talent and building a dynamic team to enable Nourish to continue to grow.

?

List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
공지 이용 안내 : 게시자와 게시글, 질문과 답변 file 운영자 2017.03.05 92
4 와이카토 요리 박람회, 윈텍 주최 file 운영자 2017.04.11 649
3 워킹할러데이 세금납세 번호 발급 안내 운영자 2017.04.06 695
2 한-뉴 FTA 발효후 워킹홀리데이 변경내용 운영자 2017.04.06 199
» 국립 와이카토 과학기술 대학교 (WINTEC)의 자랑, 2명의 쉐프 운영자 2017.04.06 5301
Board Pagination Prev 1 Next
/ 1
X